Sunday, August 15, 2010

Life...


I just finished this book for maybe the 5th time.
I am so in love with it every time.
I cannot explain the gooeyness I feel for every word on every page
and the story as a whole.
Perfect.

I think i stop at least once a page and beg Preston
to let me read him a passage or just a phrase.
Julie, who is the best book recommender,
gave me this book a year or so ago
it changed my whole mind about books and reading
and life.

- I got a teaching job this fall. I took 4 state exams last month
and the job is pending I pass all 4 of them
I have passed 3 and am waiting for the results of the last one.
But I feel real confident about it.
Confident enough to post that I have a job this fall
I will be teaching either Kindergarten or 5th grade.
The principal will let me know...
the first day of school.
awesome. keep me on my toes.

-Also, Preston's first name is not Preston, it is Donald after his Grandfather.
We were with all the cousins yesterday and we were guessing middle names. I told his 8 year old cousin that Preston's middle name was Preston.
She looked at me like his parents were the weirdest baby namers on the planet and said.
"His name is Preston. Preston. Pugmire?"

Funny.
Its like when there's some missionaries
whose last name is actually Elder
so their name tag says Elder Elder.
I always think that's so funny.

5 comments:

  1. congrats on the teaching job!! you will be such a great teacher. we aren't really sure yet where we are going...it's between two places at this point but we gotta be somewhere by sept 1st..we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that book too. congratulations on your teaching job. you will be the cutest teacher in the history of teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! you will do great teaching those little ninos. keep those book recommendations coming. since you recommended that book the first time, i have tried getting it from the library, but it's always checked out which is a good sign

    ReplyDelete
  4. corine!! great job! you better hope you get kindergarten or all the little boys in 5th grade are gonna have a crush on you! thanks for introducing me to that book. if anyone asks for a book recommendation i always tell them that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need your email... i have pics for you. of you. love me.

    ReplyDelete