Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Portland

Spent the day in Portland. I am in love love love with this place. Can I tell you about it?
We walked up and down SW 23rd which is just filled with perfect little shops that just happen to be real old old little houses.
Dream land. Lots of thrift shops, food, and boutiques.


And then we found LUSH, the coooolest place on earth. Its a shop of all natural cosmetics and bath and body stuff. All solid products with no packaging. Solid shampoos and bubble baths and on and on... I cannot even begin to describe the amazingness. We spent a lot of dollars there. Couldn't help it. Its not the kind of place that words and pictures can do justice.
Find one. Go there. You're welcome.


This is what we look like in a Space Shuttle (incase you were wondering)



Oh, and this? no big deal, this is just what we look like in infrared. Hot. I know.


We kind of love museums. Last week we spent 4+ hours at the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point in Utah and we still had a good 2 hours left in us when we had to go. So we spent a half day in Portland at OMSI. Dinosaurs, space, infrared? Yes, please.


Preston did.

This is such a fun trip. Awesome hotels and food every night. The colleges treat us like we're famous. for real. Preston is living his dream. He's playing music all over the place and supporting our little family. I'm real proud of him.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Lush and I only thought it was in England...so pumped now. Now I have even more reasons to go to Portland. (i see you tomorrow. yay)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so fun that you guys get to do this and I think you're a really cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks soooo fun! i miss those days, but you guys have it much better! hotels...good food...good pay! i'm totally jealous. i miss you, when will you be back?
    p.s. bri and i watched the lost room and loved it!!!! it was so good! we couldn't stop watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good write-up of my home town. Everything you wrote (times 50 million) are reasons why I can't leave this place. Next time you're in town, CALL ME!!! and I'll show you the hidden hot spots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooooo jealous you went to my hometown! And I love LUSH! And OMSI! Feeling a bit homesick now... :) Glad you guys are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lush is actually a chain store in PARIS! I go to it all the time.

    ReplyDelete