Thursday, May 26, 2011

schools out for summer. except that it snowed this morning. which makes me not feel so summery.




My first year of teaching.
My first class.
And aren't they dolls in their grad hats? And do you spy the tuxedo t-shirt? My favorite.
Today was the last day of school.
We did Kindergarten Graduation yesterday
so we could straight party today.
I'm talking hula-hoops, parachute, popsicles,
Justin Bieber freeze dance contest...the works.


The Pre-school teacher, me and the other kindergarten teachers got together and choreographed a dance to Rebecca Black's "Friday" to do for our kids. Maybe your thinking- what teachers take the time to make up a dance to perform just for their students? Um...Awesome ones who hang out way too much and have too much sugar and caffeine all the time. The kid's reaction was so funny. Real confused. like why is my teacher dancing for me? and how does she know this song?



We ended the dance by silly stringing them all. It was a blast.



I will so miss my kindergarteners.


I'm not teaching next year because this guy has 70+ shows booked just Fall semester and about that many for the rest of next year. This year has been crazy with Preston gone so much and me spending all my time teaching or lesson planning and we feel like we deserve some time to just be together more than a lot. So we're going to tour the country together next year.
And then i'll teach again forever after that. Because I really love it like an unreal amount. It is so fulfilling and rewarding. The chance to get to connect with so many children and play a role in their lives is beautiful. This year has been the best year of my life. hands down.

5 comments:

  1. be my teacher please!!!!
    i love this so much. congrats on your 1st year!!! what a feat! what lucky kindergartners to have had you. seems like an exciting year to come though. can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest teacher ever! I think that sounds like the best graduation day ever and plus, a teacher dance? RADICAL! It was so good seeing you the other night, you are way too much fun and we should get together more often for real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kids will remember you forever! I still remember my kindergarten teacher and she wasn't nearly as awesome as you. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! they are cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first year!! However, the fact that you are having snow makes me cringe...I can't wait for you guys to visit me in sunny st pete - it's been absolutely gorgeous and not too hot! :)

    ReplyDelete